Yoga is often touted as one of the best ways to increase strength and flexibility, so it’s no surprise that so many jiu-jitsu practitioners use it to heal from and prevent injuries and improve their overall game. If you’ve never even tried yoga, though, it can be tough to know where to start or what to do. If you’re not ready to commit to an actual yoga studio membership, try out this thirty-day challenge from Show the Art.
The challenge is both a great introduction to yoga and a contest in which you can win a free Datsusara yoga bag. Here are the rules, per the Show the Art website:
Go to showtheart.com/subsribe and sign up for a FREE month of the Show The Art Academy with the code (YOGACHALLENGE)
Each day on instagram, we’ll post a pose, group of poses, or a class from the STA Academy. That’s your assignment for the day.
To enter our contest, follow the steps below
1. Follow @showtheartyoga on Instagram
2. Post a picture or video of you doing the pose or class of the day
3. Describe briefly how yoga is changing your BJJ game in terms of flexibility, patience, recovery, endurance, etc.
4. Tag @showtheartyoga – @datsusara – #showtheartyoga – #rollrepairrepeat
At the end of 30 days, we’ll choose winners based on participation!
1. Whoever posts the most.
2. Whoever makes the biggest improvement to us.
Two winners will receive an STA rashguard, tee, and a bag of coffee from Modcup Coffee.
Grand prize will receive a Yoga Bag courtesy of Datsusara!
Watch the video below and check out Show the Art Yoga’s Instagram page for more. The challenge is already a few days in, so get posting!